Out of 42 people who were killed in the violence in North East Delhi only 28 people were identified, as per the list released by GTB (Guru Teg Bahadur) hospital in New Delhi. More than 200 people were injured during this violence as a result of Stone-pelting, Gunshots, sharp weapons and falling from buildings at the time of violence. read the full report here
The list of people who were killed during the violence are identified as:
22 of them died due to stone pelting or assault. Families of the victims wait for the bodies to be released.
- 28-year-old Mubarak Hussain who worked as a laborer in Delhi was from Bihar, he was shot in the chest.
- Shahid khan Alvi who was an Autorickshaw driver was 22 years old, he was shot in the stomach near Bhajranpura Dargah.
- Another Autorickshaw driver was identified as Mudassirkhan was also Shot dead.
- A scrap dealer named Nazeem khan was also shot dead.
- Mohammed Furquan who went out to buy food was shot dead in Bhajanpura Area in Jaffrabad.
- A resident from Brijpuri who was burnt to death was identified as Mehtab.
- Delhi police head constable was shot in Gokulpuri.
- Another incident where a civil engineer who was identified as Rahul Solanki was shot in the neck resulting in his death.
- A security Assistant named Ankit Sharma was beaten to death, his body was found in Chandbagh Drain.
- Vinod Kumar who was returning home was also beaten to death.
- A 24-year-old Electrician was shot 5 times and his body was kept at Al-Hind Hospital.
- Vir Bhan Singh, Deepak, Ishak Khan, Shan Mohd, Pravesh were all shot dead.
- Rahul Thakur was killed in an assault as per the reports given by the hospital.
- The youngest victim of them all was Aman who was 17 years old was killed.
- Others identified as Maruf, Salman, Faizan, Alok Tiwari, Irfan, Babbu, Dilbar, Akbari, Ayyub Shabbir.
- Anees a BSF jawan whose house was among other houses that were burnt. His father stated that 3 lakh cash which was kept in the house for Anees’s Marriage was also burnt.